Call for Applications for the InCoB 2008 Travel Fellowship
Results of the sponsorship are out. Out of 12 people who applied, the following are successful and have been notified of their travel fellowship by email. Please contact finance(at)apbionet.org to claim your sponsorship on condition of membership with ISCB and on proof of qualifying status.
- Balakrishnan Priya
- Viswadevan Viswajith
- Pramod Kumar Prasad (ok)
- Sudeep Roy
- Prema Narayan Jagadev (dq)
- T.K. Subazini (dc)
- Choo Khar Heng, Justin (ok)
For the rest of the applicants, the APBioNet Secretariat is currently trying to help them find alternative sponsorships. If you would like to sponsor the following students from King Mongkut's University of Technology, Thailand,
who are not presenting any papers, please contact tinwee (at) bic.nus.edu.sg as soon as possible. Thank you for your generosity.
- Sureephorn Lobpu
- Kwanjeera Wanichthanarak
- Sintawee Sulaiman
- Thanika Seephueak
Thanks to our generous sponsors, we are pleased to announce the InCoB2008 travel fellowship schemes now open for applications. Recipients of the grant will receive up to USD 1,000 for travel costs.
The purpose of this grant is to encourage more participation of young, budding scientists at the annual conference of APBioNet, as well as to allow them to attend APBioNet Annual General Meeting on 20th Oct 2008, and to provide travel funds for those in financial need.
Applications to the InCoB 2008 Travel Grant must satisfy the following:
- a student pursuing a degree in the life sciences
- attending the 7th InCoB conference to be held on October 20-22, 2008 at Taipei, Taiwan (conference website is at http://incob.binfo.org.tw/)
- preferably accepted to present a paper or a poster at the conference
Applicants must submit the following information to APBioNet Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 3, 2008:
- membership number of ISCB (if applicable)
- membership of APBioNet (if applicable)
- details of the institution where you are pursuing your degree (address and contact details, and email address of your supervisor for us to verify you as a student)
- the title and abstract of the presentation or poster (if any)
- latest curriculum vitae (CV)
- estimated budget for travel cost
- disclosure of other grants that you may also be receiving to attend the InCoB2008 conference
Incomplete application will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified by October 7, 2008 and you should acknowledge the support from this grant in your presentation.
The decision of the Selection Committee as follows will be final.
InCoB2008 Travel Fellowship Selection Committee
||Dr Vladimir Brusic, Director of Bioinformatics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School.
||Dr Olivo Miotto, Senior Informatics Fellow, Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok; Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford University.
||Professor Jingchu Luo, Peking University, Beijing.
||Professor Yang Ueng-Cheng, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan.